Monday 28 February 2011

Flat Plan Evaluation& Shot Plan

Shot Plan
























Flat Plan Evaluation


Front Cover
Colour: I have chosen a bright and neutral colour scheme for my front cover as according to my market reasearch I did, the majority of people wanted such colours and prefered thesde on a front cover. The main colours I have used are Red, Black, Brown and Purple with a little bit of yellow for the button. I have used purple as little as possible only for the bleed on top of the front cover.
Masthead: The masthead of the front cover is called "Beats" it is coloured in a bronze brown colour which reflects on a mature audience that I will be targetting as well as the younger audience due to the font I have used.
Image: The main image on the front cover is of my model who will be posing in a mid shot, where you can only see  her from the waist up. As most people prefer to see pictures on magazine I have decided to make it quite big.
Selling line: The selling line on top of my magazine front cover is "The UK's leading RnB magazine of 2011".This is to attract the reader to buy the magazine as the colour of the selling line stand out quite a bit.
Button: I have used Lady Gaga for the Button to attract the reader. I have placed the button on the left hand corner of the front cover so it does not mix with the rest of content on the front cover. Also as the button is coloured in bright colour, it makes it stand out and therefore more visible for the reader.


Contents Page
Colour: I have used the same colour colour scheme as on the front cover of the magazine, this is because it is conventional to use the same colours and layout so it is clear that both pages are from the same magazine. Also as I have researched the contents page and front cover of various magazines, I have discovered that most magazine contents page match their colour scheme to the front cover of the magazine.
Layout:I have used a simple layout which was inspired by the Rolling Stones magazine contents page. All the text is alligned on the right hand side of the page and the heading Contents is placed right on top of it. This is to make the reader look more at the image on the contents page which will attract them to read more on it as most of the contents page is ignored.
Image: I have taken the inspiration from the Rolling Stones magazine contents page and decided to use only one image and its bacjkground fro the contents page and place the text on top it so it's more effective and also as images are mostly preffered accoridng to my market research the image helps this and also attracts the reader.



No comments:

Post a Comment